Tuesday 10 July 2012

A SEARCH FOR THE LOST COIN

Hmmm, another day has been spared me. The time is 5:45am. The sun ray has permeated the tiny hole on my roof top. Lying on my thin mattress in the corner of my room, imaginations of how to begin the day consumes my waif thoughts.

The onus of making the day a success rest on me. The only coin that should buy me a glass of water to drink cannot be found even after turning my four cornered room up-side down. Is that the success I seek? Wished to walk through the corridor off my imagination.

Life may not be lovely but it is lovable. Not having even a penny to start a my next 24-hour journey alone is frustrating. Let alone bathing and eating. Indeed, life is a mixture of sunshine, rain, teardrops, laughter, pleasure, pain and love.

The school of life has taught me that: EVENS AND CIRCUMSTANCES OF LIFE ARE NOT THINGS TO FIGHT AGAINST BUT ARE THINGS TO BUILD AND GROW US.

There's always a next day so that you will triumph over the circumstances of yesterday. This reminds me of John Schiller who noted: "Man is made greater or smaller by his will." Not forgetting Thomas Charlyle who said that, "A person with a clear sense of purpose will make progress on even the roughest road. A person with no purpose will make no progress on even even the smoothest road."

Certainly, pleasant surprises can be found in obstacles. Enduring the pleasure of a painful starvation, especially thirst, is patiently going through difficulties with a positive expectation as a final analysis knowing that, tough times have an expiry date while tough people live on.

My missing coin meant everything to me. Yet, it was found after many days. What is your missing coin? Is it success? Is it love? Is it a piece of mind? Is it a child or ... Well, life is full of choices. Make your options well. With persistence and endurance, your lost coin can be found. Don't allow the crisis of today to determine your destiny.

No comments: